This content-rich book teaches about other kids and cultures around the world, all while stepping back and really seeing the big picture.
Me and the World is the perfect introduction for a generation entering an increasingly digitized, data-driven world.
• Packed with dynamic illustrated spreads about customs of other countries
• Invites readers to see themselves in its pages through a data lens
• Guided by a relatable, school-aged narrator
Me and the World pairs visual literacy with data literacy, using colorful illustrations and infographics to present information in a way young readers will not only understand, but enjoy.
Equal parts educational and entertaining, this makes a great pick for parents and grandparents, as well as librarians, science teachers, and educators.
• Perfect for reluctant readers, especially those who would otherwise gravitate toward numbers-based pursuits like math and science, rather than than reading
• The graphs, infographics, and maps are the perfect resource for educators looking for engaging content for children to understand data.
• Ideal for children ages 8 to 12 years old
• Add it to the shelf with books like The Wondrous Workings of Planet Earth: Understanding Our World and Its Ecosystems by Rachel Ignotofsky, The History Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained by DK, and The Science Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained by DK.